March 08, 2011

The point where it gets easier

'They' say that being a parent gets easier.  That it's a phase, an age, that you get used to things and develop the tools to cope/deal/not lose your mind.

'They' are full of it.

'They' also don't have two wildly different children.

I was forcibly reminded of this tonight as I clutched the toddler, trying desperately to catch vomit in my hand and screeching for the 8 year old to bring me a bucket.

The 8 year old who stood there and said, "I don't know where they are!"

'They' can deal with the seemingly never ending round of sickness I have creeping through the apartment.  'They' could also pay for the carpet cleaning I am now going to have to do to get the scent of sour milk out of my carpet.



Seriously, can I just fast forward to the part where it DOES get easier? Are you there? What's it like?

3 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for following my blog Playful Decor! I could have written your post - have 'spewd' many times that 'they' (my beloved friends & family) said how FUN & GREAT kids are. Huh? If you find the fast forward button let me know! Hope you have a better week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you but tee hee - I can just imagine you screaming!

    I was just saying to my doctor the other day that it had been a long time since I had seen him - because the children don't get ill so often, now that they're getting bigger (mine are 8 and 11). Guess what happened a couple of days after I saw the Doc - my daughter came down with scarlet fever... Guess I spoke too
    soon! ;D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it had been Turtle getting sick, she would have been in the bathroom already! Frog? Just sat on my lap looking kinda tired, then suddenly!

    Nan - I think it's hidden. Under their beds or some such unreachable hiding place!

    Diane - my doctor wonders how the girls are doing if I don't take them in every month or so. She's been Turtle's doctor since before she was born. She enjoys seeing them both. Even when I bring them in with double ear infections. Also? You get to deal with puberty first! (AHAHAHAHA)

    ReplyDelete