January 24, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - Jan 24th



I made it easy on myself this week and remembered to use an Excel document I found for planning my menu.  It took me all of 5 minutes!  It helped that I found some stuff on sale at the grocery store that I actually FELT like making!


Breakfast Lunch Dinner Snacks (2) Prep for Tomorrow
Monday cereal C – sandwiches
girls - platter
pasta apple slices, yogurt thaw bacon
Tuesday Toast & fruit leftover pasta french toast & bacon grapes, goldfish thaw soup, make banana bread
Wednesday cereal leftover french toast Minestrone & cheese biscuits yogurt, grapes thaw beef
Thursday Toast &fruit leftover soup pasta goldfish, apple slices make popcorn, grate cheese
Friday cereal leftover pasta nachos popcorn, yogurt thaw pizza ingredients
Saturday family FFA pizza FFA thaw pork chops, precook potatoes
Sunday FFA FFA pork chops, twice baked potatoes, corn FFA

Would you like some recipes?  Here you go!

Easy Vegetable Minestrone - I got this from Recipezaar* in 2009. We all love it! Except Turtle, she's not a big fan of the beans.  I am not a fan of pesto, so I add the leafy bits of a fresh bunch of parsley. I love how it looks!

Baked Pork Chops - another Recipezaar recipe. We all love this one. You can use dijon honey mustard as your prepared mustard too. Caution - this makes a LOT! We divide it in half for our family of four.

Now for some family recipes!

Baking Powder Biscuits
Preheat oven to 450F
2 cups flour    4 tsp baking powder    1/2 tsp salt    4 tbsp shortening (I use margarine or butter)   milk
1. Sift dry ingredients together.  Cut in margarine** 
2.  Add enough milk to form a soft dough. 
3. Roll out dough and form rough balls (my gramma always used a glass to cut them out)  
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown

Easy Banana Bread
Preheat oven to 350F
1/3 cup melted shortening    3/4 cup sugar    2 overripe (I freeze them, so they go BLACK) bananas, diced
1 egg    2 cups flour    1 tsp baking powder    1/2 tsp baking soda    1 tsp salt    3/4 cup milk    1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Grease loaf pans
2. Mix wet and dry ingredients separately
3. Alternately mix the wet and dry ingredients together in a large bowl until the mixture is smooth
4. Pour the batter into the loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until brown

I'm linking up over at Organizing Junkie's.


*Yes, Recipezaar is now food.com. I like using Recipezaar better!
**Best way to cut in margarine/butter ever? Use the largest holes on your box cheese grater! Goodbye pastry cutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment